Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Recent College Grad with No Confidence Seeks Job

Today I had the stupidest thought. I have been wanting to move to Chicago for some time now. But today I was thinking that maybe I should just stay in Minneapolis. Stay in Minneapolis because I know people and have friends here. Not that it's stupid that I want to stay with my friends but to stay because I am scared of not making new friends. I know I can. It'll be hard at first but I'll be able to meet new people in Chicago. I just thought it was so dumb of me to question whether or not I could do it.

I'm updating the resume...always fun. I've found some more theaters to apply at. Hopefully something will come up. It may sound naive but I have all the faith in the world that my Lord will help me end up exactly where I need to be. Because of my past I know for sure, with all my heart everything happens for a reason.

And it's not that I'm totally ruling out staying in Minneapolis, it's just that I've had it in my head to move to a bigger city. But since being here and DRIVING around here...Minneapolis is a big city! Haha. Obviously if something happens for me to stay here I will.

Job searching is more stressful/annoying then I had expected it to be. I keep finding internships, paid internships that I know I could get but really how many internships can someone have...specially a college graduate. I know I need to get a real life job, but I won't lie, that scares the CRAP out of me!! I dont' know what I'm doing...

A part of me loves how uncertain everything is right now...the world is my oyster! But the other part is scared to death.

No comments: